Thursday, December 4, 2008

Youtube Compression Test: 2008 Feast Video

I've been tinkering around with Youtube compression lately in hopes of establishing a nice high-quality workflow, and I thought I would share some of my results. I have posted the 2008 UCG Feast Video in 7 parts here. You can choose between normal and high quality (via a link below the video). Contrast both quality levels with the official October 30 posting of the Feast Video on Youtube.

We probably won't update the Feast video, but I'm excited about us using the improved settings for future productions.

You can also embed a playlist, which is arguably better than one long video because it gives you an experience similar to a DVD with chapter markers. I've included a low-quality example below. (I haven't yet found a way to embed a playlist on a web site using the "high quality" mode.)

Example of an embedded playlist (low quality):

No comments: